Sunday 10 June 2012


The Unknown World Of Polygamy

Well, I have been aware of the definition polygamy and its practice in some Muslim countries where the law allows men to have up to four wives in certain circumstances. However what really sparked my interest to further knowledge my self about this topic is the way North American polygamous individuals practice it, which is usually with 5 to 15 wives and over 100s of children. Polygamy is not greatly common and is very secretly practised that is why I also was interested learning about it. During my research I have learned that North Americans do not have up to date information on polygamous communities instead they have very strong arguments against polygamy. I also noticed during my research that all articles either argue against polygamy or try and support polygamy but no article mentions pros and cons side by side. After all, this learning experience was unique and full of new information.



2 comments:

  1. I find it unfortunate yet unsurprising that there is little new information on polygamous communities in Canada. It is definitely a taboo subject as people have very strong opinions on it. Did you find it frustrating not being able to find up-to-date information? Was is surprising that there were no articles that mentioned both the pros and cons?
    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther
    I founded very ironic that North Americans are arguing or even supporting something they have little or no information on. So to answer your question I did find it frustrating not to be able to find up to date information just because I thought that justice would not bee done with bias information and dated. I also did find it surprising that there where no individuals who are neutral because this case dose not happen often.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete